POSITION SUMMARY The Inventory Control Cost Accountant works alongside the Purchasing Manager to ensure the accuracy of inventory records, maintain an optimal inventory level, reconcile cycle counts to general ledger, perform various cost and usage analysis by customer and product line with the aim to reduce costs and assist with ordering, receiving, storing, and distributing materials, equipment, merchandise, supplies and products.
To apply please contact HR by email at email@example.com
Position: Inventory Control Cost Accountant
Location: Monrovia, CA
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following but are not limited to:
- Maintain accurate and real time record of inventories in the corporate and satellite warehouses as well as field operations
- Keep FTSI parts inventories at a predetermined par levels on a monthly basis
- Record daily inventory transactions in QuickBooks and ServiceMax
- Oversee and analyze physical inventory counts to ensure accuracy of both the warehouse and field operations; reconcile differences and recommend adjustments
- Analyze inventory movement, calculate turns and analyze trends by customer and product line
- Review inventory items for obsolescence and recommend reserves
- Enter inventory parts depleted on a monthly basis
- Investigate /reconcile cycle count discrepancies (i.e. shortages and overages)
- Conducts root cause analysis and remediation of significant discrepancies
- Process inventory adjustments, transfer requests and manual receipts
- Develop inventory analysis reports and analyzing variances
- Submit documentation of all returned defective parts and labor costs under warranty for reimbursement and maintain an accurate tracking schedule
- Identifying areas of improvement and establish new or adjust existing inventory control procedures and practices
- Other tasks as assigned by management
OTHER KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create purchase orders
- Create estimates
- Accept all incoming shipments delivered to FTSI
- Shipping of parts to customers and technicians
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in an exemplary manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Demonstrated understanding of the inventory flow and cost accounting
- Must have strong Excel skills to analyze and manipulate large data
- Competency in QuickBooks
- Must have a strong sense of the importance of detail, follow-up, procedures, and documentation.
- Ability to effectively communicate with management, peers and external parties
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work within deadlines and utilize resources to meet those deadlines
- Understanding of business, accounting and inventory policies and principles
- Excellent verbal/written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Must be motivated, detailed oriented, and a self-starter
- The customer is the reason that we all have jobs.
- Have good communications that answer all questions as thoroughly and promptly as possible.
- Always treat a customer with courtesy, respect, and in a professional manner.
- Wear a smile when you talk with a customer, even when on the phone. It will shine through! Thank the customer during each conversation.
- Follow up with a customer who has a problem to ensure that the customer is fully satisfied with the actions taken and resolve all problems.
- Maintaining good communications in all areas and ensuring that everyone is adequately and timely informed and on the same page.
- Promptly escalating issues that require upper management approval or involvement to the appropriate person.
- Talking: the ability to clearly express ideas and instructions accurately and quickly.
- Hearing: the ability to receive and process detailed information through oral communications in a decibel range of a normal conversational level.
- Visual acuity to identify and read fine print and a computer screen.
- Ability to hold a pen, type and grasp documents, and to use a ten-key calculator.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and to improve.
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and customers.
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, may occasionally be required to lift up to 90 pounds
- Must have a valid Class C driver’s license for the State of CA
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
2+ years of related experience
Proven experience in problem resolution and consistent, and effective interaction with all level of employees in an organization, specializing in working with credit unions, banks, and familiar with third party parts vendors
Travel required as necessary to fulfill assignments.
To apply please contact HR by email at firstname.lastname@example.orgPosted on