POSITION SUMMARY Provide exceptional quality service by maintaining financial equipment, resolve hardware, software and telecom errors as they occur in the field, repair parts, trouble shoot in a timely manner, provide telephone maintenance support, and general warehouse duties as needed.
To apply please contact HR by email at email@example.com
Position: Second Line Technician
Location: Sacramento, CA
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following but are not limited to:
- The second line technician must be proficient in second line duties and first line duties
- Certifications requirements include: NCR (ASSP); must be able to pass the certification within two tries and must be able to pass all in-house training requirements as they relate to all ATM’s in which the company services
- Training requirements include: training in servicing all types of ATM machines in the region in which you are assigned
- Responsible for handling service calls in compliance with client contractual agreement
- Complete all necessary paperwork and forward it to the proper department for further handling
- Repair broken parts as needed; refurbish hardware completely from the ground up; identify and troubleshoot both hardware and software errors and perform upgrades to equipment for special projects
- Provide swift resolution to meet response times as necessary with flexibility
- Understand when to escalate to FTSI management to get manufacturer or third party to complete the call
- Utilize the most cost-effective solutions available to get the job done in the best possible manner
- Provide telephone and hands-on support to first and second line technicians
- Responsible for providing telephone support to customers as needed
- Responsible for proper handling of FTSI, Inc. property including but not limited to NCR Diagnostic disk and pass codes, NCR USB key and pass codes, customer information, inventory, and keys, and tools
- Perform preventative maintenance duties as assigned and complete monthly or quarterly whichever is required
- Communicate with the communication center with closeout information pertaining to service calls
- Communicate with management as to needs and actions taken or to be taken to complete projects in a timely manner
- Provide reporting to management on a scheduled and as needed basis
- Communicate closely with project management
- May be asked to work evenings and weekends on a rotated basis
- Safety: Always be aware of your surroundings and the people in the vicinity that can pose threat to technician safety, technician safety is always first; Understand and follow all FTSI, Inc. safety procedures regarding equipment, tools, and handling of heavy objects; Learn the designated locations for fire extinguishers and safe use
QUALIFICATIONS Technical training/background or related experience preferred. Ongoing continued education is encouraged as it relates to products and services. Manufacturer and third-party training as needed for certification and expanding product line; software certifications are encouraged; ongoing training as required on new hardware and processes.
SKILLS and ABILITIES
A strong sense of the importance to detail, follow-up, procedures and documentation is required. Strong analytical, personal computer and problem solving skills required – Strong working
- Firm grasp of mechanical and electrical functions.
- Must be able to diagnose and repair mechanical, electrical, and telecommunication faults.
- Must be proficient in using and repairing a PC.
- Must be able to effectively use tools and equipment as provided.
- Must possess critical thinking skills and the ability to make decisions while under limited supervision.
- Must be able to safely operate a motor vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Talking: the ability to clearly express ideas and instructions accurately and quickly, in person and on the telephone.
- Hearing: the ability to receive detailed information through oral communications in a decibel range of a normal conversational level and telephone conversations.
- Visual acuity to identify and read fine print, as well as a computer screen.
- Ability to hold a pen, type and grasp documents, and to use a ten-key calculator.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism.
- Ability to interact with co-workers and customers.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from a four-year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of five years Field Services experience as it pertains to services, products, communication and operations.
To apply please contact HR by email at firstname.lastname@example.orgPosted on